Monday 12 October 2015

Weeky Recap

Last week I had a lot on my plate, but I'm happy to report that I got nearly all of it done:

• Continue Hunt of the Gods

• Format Dark Divinity (almost done)
• Edit Trick of the Gods
Plan details and world for NaNoWriMo novel
• Start contest for That Hoodoo, Voodoo, That You Do


Last week you might also remember seeing this little beauty floating around, and now I'm going to share the synopsis! Remember, if you want to read the first chapter and check out the media kit for Dark Divinity, you can do so here. Now, onto the goodies!



Hell has risen. Heaven is descending. Sacrifices are made...

It’s been two months since Constance Ramirez’s adopted sister Andromeda was used as the Key to opening the Gates of Heaven and Hell. They escaped with their lives, but made countless enemies as a result.

Now that demons are beginning to weave into ordinary lives, their only hope is to find a way to close the Gates of Heaven and Hell before the angels and demons begin a war. Something that becomes only harder as one of Constance’s deadliest enemies resurfaces.

But as they struggle to stay alive and find the Gates, they learn that a huge sacrifice will be required if they succeed, and this time, Constance isn’t sure the cost will outweigh the reward...


Super exciting! I would be lying if I said I wasn't showing this cover off to literally everyone and their dog (not that I actually showed it to my brother's new puppy *coughs*). Sharing the teaser graphics and the social media stuff will be a lot of fun, but now it's crunch time. I still have a lot to do before November (seriously, so much), so this is what I want to do this week:

• Finish Hunt of the Gods
• Final formatting for Dark Divinity
Plan details and world for NaNoWriMo novel
• Finish edits for Crimson Sky
• Request review schedules for Dark Divinity

Hunt of the Gods has another two, maybe three chapters to go before it's done, and technically one of them is already written. Last year, before I overhauled the Areios Brothers, I wrote a really wild fight scene for my main character, Derek. I know I shouldn't keep it based solely on that, but I loved it and I think a lot of readers will, too.

Also this week, I want to finalize my plans for my NaNoWriMo novel. As predicted, I thought I solidified my idea, found it wasn't working, and am now scrambling at last minute to piece together a new story that has its hooks in me and won't let go. Normally, I hate planning things like this at the last minute. However, the last time I did, I came up with Path of the Horseman, so something must have gone right. And this new idea is really, really cool. I have a lot I can do with it... once I figure out what the hell I'm doing.

There aren't many edits to be done in Crimson Sky, but the sooner I have those done, the sooner I can plan the cover and prepare for the release date in February. It seems like far away... Until I remember that it's really not. 

Still going on is the contest to win a copy of That Hoodoo, Voodoo, That You Do. Read the details here and enter while you have the chance!


http://www.amazon.com/That-Hoodoo-Voodoo-You-Anthology-ebook/dp/B00SQG9FFQ

Kaz couldn't accept the truth when he heard his brother committed suicide Aokigahara– the Suicide Forest. Convincing his best friend to come with him and help Kaz find answers, he uses a spirit board to contact the dead. But as they begin the ritual, the forest reveals its secrets, and the truth is more terrifying than they could imagine...

So, that's what's going on! I have today and tomorrow to take out huge chunks of my goals. It will be nice to cross them off my list and move onto new projects. Hope everyone has a great week, and that my fellow Canadians enjoy their Thanksgiving long weekends. I definitely am.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment