Saturday 10 October 2015

Sunday Snippet: "Story Of My Life..."

Ever have one of those moments when you realize you have so much to do, but have no idea when you'll have time to do it? I've been having quite a few of those moments lately. At the moment, I'm working to complete the second book in my Areios Brother series, have to finish the first batch of edits for Crimson Sky, complete the formatting for Dark Divinity, and finish the new plan for my NaNoWriMo project.

Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

But I'm not complaining. Do I wish I had more time? Every day. Am I excited to get through all of these projects? You better believe I am.

In fact, I'm so excited, I'm going to share a few things with this post for Weekend Writing Warriors. To celebrate the release of the cover art for Dark Divinity, I bring you the first ten sentences from the first chapter of the Cursed sequel!

         “Something’s wrong,” I said. Story of my life.
         Warrick used the sleeve of his brown leather jacket to rub away the dust from the warehouse window. “You’re right. It shouldn’t be taking him this long.” He looked over at me, bright green eyes illuminated from the moonlight shining outside.
         “Do you think something happened to him?” he asked.
         I stared through the murky glass and put my hands on my hips. My thumb ran up and down the hilt of the hatchet attached to my waist.
            “Maybe,” I answered truthfully.

And now, since I know at least some of you are curious, here's the cover art, synopsis, and teaser from another chapter in the book!


Hell has risen. Heaven is descending. Sacrifices are made...

It’s been two months since Constance Ramirez’s adopted sister Andromeda was used as the Key to opening the Gates of Heaven and Hell. They escaped with their lives, but made countless enemies as a result.

Now that demons are beginning to weave into ordinary lives, their only hope is to find a way to close the Gates of Heaven and Hell before the angels and demons begin a war. Something that becomes only harder as one of Constance’s deadliest enemies resurfaces.

But as they struggle to stay alive and find the Gates, they learn that a huge sacrifice will be required if they succeed, and this time, Constance isn’t sure the cost will outweigh the reward...


I admit, it's a little early to start promoting the book (It's not? Well, that's good to know!), but I like to be ahead of the game when I can be. Plus, I adore the work done by Deranged Doctor Designs. I finished the day by writing up the media kit, which you can view here if you want to read a little more about the sequel's creation and want to read more of chapter one.

Also, since it's October and I'm still in a giving mood, I'll remind you of the contest I currently have going on to win a signed paperback of That Hoodoo, Voodoo, That You Do! Read the details here, and be sure to enter before Halloween!

http://www.amazon.com/That-Hoodoo-Voodoo-You-Anthology-ebook/dp/B00SQG9FFQ

Huh. Now I have my second wind. Go figure. Leave some love for the amazing authors of WeWriWa, and have a happy Thanksgiving! Cheers!

Amy

16 comments:

  1. Great job of setting hooks, Amy! Nicely done. I'd read more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be posting more over the next few weeks, but readers can jump onto the press release/media kit page on my blog and read the full chapter if they like. Just sayin'. ;)

      Delete
  2. You ask, "Ever have one of those moments when you realize you have so much to do, but have no idea when you'll have time to do it?" To which I respond, "Story of my life."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! The sequel. GIVE IT TO ME!! Not that I'm excited about this book or anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cover and introduction. Interested in reading more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be posting more in the next few weeks/months as the release date draws closer. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the hatchet - both in the snippet and the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the cover, terrific excerpt, which of course makes me want to keep reading right away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you think something is wrong, it probably is . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cover! And I love how you immediately jump into problems with the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always like opening in the middle of the action. That's usually what hooks me into a book, so I kind of adapted that style. ;)

      Delete