Monday 1 June 2015

Weekly Recap

I missed a couple goals last week, but I got most of the important stuff done:

• Begin promos for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Continue short story submissions
• Write and edit Blood Moon 13
• Edit Amber Sky
• Begin Smoke Sky, the second Dark Sky novella

This week will be a little trickier for me to accomplish my goals, but here's what I'm aiming for:

• Begin promos and release Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Edit Amber Sky
• Continue Smoke Sky
• Continue short story submissions

I managed to complete the first draft of my entry for the Michael J. Sullivan writing contest. No matter how much I win or how sorely I lose, I'm really happy that I was able to create a fun story with the Areios Brothers. I think I have some ideas to reboot the series, and remember that you can read a snippet of here to give me your thoughts. From the comments, it seems to be pretty popular.

As exciting as that is, what I'm really looking forward to is this: The release of Cursed: Demon's Daughter tomorrow.



Wanted by law enforcements. Chased by drug cartels. Hunted by demons...


Constance Ramirez has more than her share of problems when it comes to protecting her adopted sister, Andromeda. Especially since Andromeda isn’t fully human, and her strange powers are dangerous and out of control.


But Constance will do anything to keep her safe, which won’t be easy with bounty hunters hired by the drug cartel she betrayed looking to capture her, and savage monsters seeking to take Andromeda for their own dark purposes.


Being a big sister has never been so hard... Or so deadly.

I admit it– I've got butterflies. While Path of the Horseman seems to be a big hit with outstanding reviews on Goodreads and Amazon and reader blogs, Demon's Daughter and Cursed have been with me for years. I've poured my heart and soul into them. Constance and Dro are kind of like my babies, and I'm nervous about watching them take their first steps. I'm confident in my writing ability and have heard good things from those who've done some Alpha and Beta reading for me, but I imagine every author goes through this. Either way, I'm thrilled to finally be releasing a novel so close to my heart. Buy links will go up soon on my novel page, though it will take a little time for BookBaby to have all the links live.

Regardless, my author copy is on the way, which means I'll be posting another giveaway to celebrate the release of a book that will begin what I think is an exciting series.

To take my mind off the nerves of releasing, I'll be getting back into my Dark Sky series. I'm going to be editing through the first prequel novella, Amber Sky, today, and will be following up with the sequel, Smoke Sky. I don't have many other open submissions I want to do, at least until the end of the month, so I'll be centering most of my focus on the larger projects I want to do. As soon as I'm satisfied with the prequels, I'll be writing the final novel in the Dark Sky series.

So, as per usual, I'm going to be a busy author for a while. But I think it's clear by now that that's how I like it.

Hope everyone has a great week! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment