Thursday 4 June 2015

Now Available: Demon's Daughter, And The Paperback Version Of Path Of The Horseman

After years of planning, research, writing, re-writing, editing, contemplating, proofing, and paying, it's finally, finally here. The first novel in my new trilogy, Cursed. Some of you may have been following my blog, Facebook, or Twitter, so you may already know that I have a new book out. If not, here it is: Demon's Daughter, the first in the Cursed series.

http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Daughter-Cursed-Novel-1/dp/0993875823/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433224315&sr=8-1&keywords=demon%27s+daughter+amy

To continue to pique your curiosity, below is the first part of chapter one. I already featured this snippet on my Facebook Page's Teaser Tuesday, but here's your chance to read it if you missed out...

***

It wasn’t the memory that woke me. I have a nasty habit of constantly waking up with one hand under my pillow, grasping the hilt of my hatchet like the lifeline it is, coated in sweat and feeling as tense as a wire.

It was the smell of smoke from the burning bed next to me. The one my sister was currently screaming in.

I shot out of the bed like a bullet from a gun, getting as far away from the white flames as I could. Despite the horrible screams she was making, I knew Dro wasn’t being hurt. At least, that was what she always told me.

Our bags were by the motel door, ready as usual. I only had the clothes on my back, so I didn’t have to change. I grabbed my knives from the table, holstering them on either side of my ribs, and then threw my black military jacket– my lucky jacket– over my shoulders. I hooked my hatchet to my belt, shoved on my boots, and glanced at the bed where Dro was still screaming.

The fire had moved from the bed to the walls, to the curtains, and then to the ceiling. The cheap, peeling wallpaper blackened and rained down around her, like black snow in a whiteout. 

Dro suddenly stopped screaming. The nightmare was over. She realized what was happening around her, and that it was time to leave. I was already waiting by the door with her bag and mine in hand. She jumped off her burning bed, completely unharmed by the fire. It had sloughed off her like a second skin. 

It never got easier seeing her burning like that again, but when you’re about to be smothered in what literally feels like ten thousand degrees, there are only two things that should cross your mind: Get out, and get out now.

Dro threw on her jacket and boots while I yanked open the door and took off down the hall. She would be right behind me. She always was. She knew the drill. 

The rest of the motel residents were screaming and shouting for help into cell phones as the fire moved from room to room. I swerved around them as much as I could, but some I had to shove out of the way. Not very nice of me, but they didn’t know what caused the fire. I did. Getting caught wasn’t an option.

At the bottom of the second story, I could see the motel owner. He was roaring in outrage and panic. He was probably going to blame us for what happened to his place once the hysteria was over, seeing as we’d shown up covered in dirt and blood, demanding a room with no questions asked. Not that I was going to admit the fire had started in our room. It wasn’t like we planned it. 

We raced across the street, the motel now practically glowing with brightly burning red flames now that Dro’s power had shut down. It would only last as long as she was conscious and in control of it, which happened about five times out of ten. There was no safe way to predict when Dro would be in control, and when she would simply lose herself. 


***

Wanted by law enforcements. Chased by drug cartels. Hunted by demons... 

Constance Ramirez has more than her share of problems when it comes to protecting her adopted sister, Andromeda. Especially since Andromeda isn’t fully human, and her strange powers are dangerous and out of control. 

But Constance will do anything to keep her safe, which won’t be easy with bounty hunters hired by the drug cartel she betrayed looking to capture her, and savage monsters seeking to take Andromeda for their own dark purposes. Being a big sister has never been so hard... Or so deadly.

***

The scene above is one that I've pictured from the beginning, and I think it sets the tone for the rest of the book. Let's just say that you'll never be bored. 

Right now, only the paperback version is available. But I'm expecting the electronic versions in a couple weeks, and will provide links as soon as I have them. For now, you can buy your copy of Demon's Daughter here (and you know you want a paper copy to hold):


If that isn't enough to entice you, I also have the paperback copy of Path of the Horseman now on Createspace. It should be on Amazon by the end of the day. I've ordered extra copies of each new novel and will be starting up some giveaways in the next little while.

http://www.amazon.com/Path-Horseman-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00V8YXK6I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427951103&sr=8-1&keywords=path+of+the+horseman


So, lots of exciting news! I'm super happy about these releases and think they'll be enjoyed by many readers. I've been hearing a lot of good things about both books, so it's safe to say my confidence has been boosted. I'm working on some other smaller projects at the moment, but will be releasing at least one more book by the end of the year. For now, I'll bask in the truly amazing accomplishment of having two books of my very own out in the world. Wow.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment