Thursday 26 March 2015

Progress Report

Before I get into progress on my current WIPs, completed, and upcoming projects, some exciting news: Path of the Horseman has been listed on Goodreads! The release date isn't until March 31, so over the next few days I'll be working on the guide provided by BookBaby to expand the novel's reach. For now, I'll just bask in the happiness that this is really happening.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25212843-path-of-the-horseman

In other news, I also completed two projects: The next installment of the Blood Moon series, which will be on the blog near the end of the month, and a short story submission. I really hope it gets accepted, since I kind of fell in love with it. I'm also having fun with my current WIP, which is filled with drama and an interesting take on an apocalyptic future. Once this one is written, edited, and sent, I'll be moving onto the four other open calls that are due at the end of April. Once those are done, I'll probably be getting into bigger projects. Not sure if I'll have them all done by the end of next week, though that is the goal.

Also exciting, I got my author copies of Avast, Ye Airships! in last night! I really can't tell you how exciting it is to receive a paper copy of something you helped bring to life. Especially since I'm trying to expand the world created by this short story, and write even crazier adventures for the Dark Sky series. I really hope my story is well received and enjoyed, though I won't know until reviews come in. *cough cough, hint hint* My contract gave me two copies, and I don't know what to do with the other one... except maybe give it away as a prize for a contest. Details will emerge once I think of something fun.


So that's what's happened over the last few days! Real Life and responsibilities are catching up with me (when can I put all that aside and just focus on writing?!) but I'm determined to cross off as much as I can from the list glaring at me from my desk. But I think I'm starting to catch up. On Monday I wrote 11,433 words, Tuesday I wrote 9,011, and yesterday I wrote 2,430. If that doesn't say something about my commitment, nothing else does.

Hope your week is going well! Stay tuned for more!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment