Thursday 12 February 2015

Progress Report

Now that I've gotten back the replies I was waiting for, here's what I'll be working on in the near future. I'll have an update list on Monday, but the following projects are still going ahead:

• The Bond novella – The rights are now available to Canada for Ian Fleming's infamous spy, so the April Moon Books project will be going ahead. It's still exciting, though nerve wracking for me. Not only to I have to pay proper homage to a character beloved by millions, I have to write in third person and make the novella feel like a proper Bond story. I think I have an idea of the style I need to emulate now that I've read Live And Let Die, but it will still be a challenge. My goal is to try starting in the next couple weeks, depending on the progress of Midnight Sky. The novel is coming along, and I would hate to leave it unfinished before taking on another project. Once I get the novella started, I'll provide a synopsis and maybe even a teaser for 8Sunday.

• Short stories – There are some projects with March and April deadlines that I would like to get done while I iron out the details for the Bond novella. One of these shorts will be Spawn of the Ripper, a Hammer Horror homage. Like the Bond novella, it's a bit of unfamiliar territory to me, but I love this kind of horror and think I'll be able to come up with something wild and entertaining. I've already offered my idea to the publisher and it's been approved with some minor suggestions. I have a little research to do, but definitely feel more confident about this submission. I'll provide more details and possible snippets when I can.

Cursed – My lovely editor has given me a time frame, which means that I'll be sending Cursed: Demon's Daughter out to her within the next few weeks. I'm going to try to have the edits completed ASAP so I can release the first novel by May. I love this story and the series in general, but am still nervous about making changes to it. Still, editing is a necessary evil, and it's better to just tough it out and make the changes, depending on what they are.

Tomorrow I have a blog post on the Mocha Memoirs blog to celebrate Women In Horror Month, so be sure to check that out. I'll post the link when it's live on the weekend. With all of this going on, I get the feeling that the next few months will be exciting and full of new challenges. Can't wait to experience them!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment