Monday 26 January 2015

Weekly Recap

I know how this looks, but I swear I got work done! The open submissions I wanted to take part in took up most of my week, and if you've been following my blog, you know that one of them has been proving to be a challenge. Last week I tried to:

• Complete and send in short stories with January deadline (one more to go, likely finished today)
Blood Moon 9 edits and storyline plan for Blood Moon 10
Crimson Sky edits
• Path of the Horseman format, minor edits, set publishing date
• Re-plot and restart Hollow Hill

This week I'm changing up my priorities so I can be more productive:

• Complete and send in short stories with January deadline
• Lost Sky edits
Blood Moon 9 edits and storyline plan for Blood Moon 10
Crimson Sky edits
• Path of the Horseman format, minor edits, set publishing date
• Begin planning and research for April Moon Books Bond novella

Lots of editing this week. I have more edits on my upcoming short story in Avast, Ye Airships!, which needed a lot of work done on it initially, but continued to receive praise from the anthology's editor. The Bond novella, which has a tentative title, has a fun plot but needs a few more questions answered before I can start it. I'm also going to purchase a Bond novella to get a better idea of how the books are written so I can integrate my style into the classic novels that so many people enjoy. It'll be a challenge and I'm kinda nervous, but I really want to give this project a shot and won't back down from it.

So that's my week! I'll probably have another progress report post on Thursday, and am determined to make the most of my two days off. Hope everyone else has a quick, productive week!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment