Thursday 1 January 2015

Monthly Goals: January

With 2015 now upon us, it's time I challenge myself with bolder goals. I know a lot of new years resolutions don't often carry to the end of the year (which is why I fail to give up any kind of chocolate or sweets... Okay, so I don't actually want to but it's not my fault they're all delicious!), but I'm confident with my writing and wish to attempt taking my career to the next step. That means a lot more hard work and likely a little more heartbreak, but it's all part of the process.

I'm still waiting to hear back about edits and the cover for Path of the Horseman, and the moment I have that back in my grasp I'll be working on the details for self-publishing. I'm still hoping for a release around February, which would coincide with the release of Secret Suicide, my short story coming in the That Hoodoo, Voodoo, That You Do anthology from Ragnarok Publications.

While my Dark Sky trilogy and Blood Moon series still have most of my attention at the moment, once the trilogy is done, I'm going to get back into the Areios Brothers series. I miss it, and now that I've pretty well moved past the writers block hovering like a raincloud, I can improve it as a whole and hopefully submit it to professional publishers. Again, this might not work in itself, but I refuse to give up on Derek and Liam. After all, they wouldn't quit if the going got tough.

I'm also going to be looking for more open submission calls and expanding my short story bibliography. I have a ton of ideas that I would like to try my hand at, and can't wait to see what I'll find in my particular genre. I had great luck with it last year, and hopefully that luck will extend to the new year.

So lots of work is on the way, and I'm thrilled to get started on it. Hope everyone sets their goals and works hard to achieve them. They don't happen overnight, but think about how amazing it will be to complete them!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment