Monday 15 December 2014

Weekly Recap

The beginning last week should have been simple, except that I had a series crisis and realized I didn't have a good enough overarching story line for the Areios Brothers. So, none of my goals last week were done:

• Rethink/re-write open to Hollow Hill
• Continue Areios Brothers 4/Dark Fury
• Plan Blood Moon 9

As upset as this made me (you know it's love when there are nearly tears, right?), I'm not giving up on the series and didn't stop writing. I just need a breather from it. Happens to everyone, right? So to take my mind off my series block, I decided to start another trilogy to pass the time. I've already planned out all the details of the story line, which will help me when I'm working on other novels. See? Learning experience! So this week, I really only have one goal:

• Decide what to bring to Jasper for writing/planning
• Continue Crimson Sky

I know I'll be able to get these goals done, so I'm not too stressed about them. Now, in other news: I've passed the one million word mark. Yup. Super happy about that! Also, my last two releases of the year, Bring Back The Hound, and Secret Suicide, are coming out soon. I don't have an official release date for Bring Back The Hound, but I'll have more details about it on Thursday, along with some teaser cover and excerpt pages! Secret Suicide, as I just learned this morning, will be available in the That Hoodoo, Voodoo, That You Do anthology on February 26. Farther away than I expected/anticipated, but I'm not complaining since it's being put out by Ragnarok Publications, a publisher I'm going to try next year. Also, Path of the Horseman is now with my editor, and I'm hoping to see the cover image by the middle of this week.

So while I have few goals this week, there's a lot that has to be done. Never a dull moment in a writer's life! Have a great week!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment