Thursday 6 November 2014

Path Of The Horseman Playlist

Writing Path of the Horseman has been going really, really well. I'm seven chapters in and have written over 25,000 words. I'm having more fun than I expected putting together this epic, monster filled adventure, and part of it is because:

• I love what I'm writing and keep coming up with great ideas for it
• Successful, wonderful authors like Veronica Roth and one of my personal heroes, Kevin Hearne, provide advice while participating in the event
• I have great music to keep me going

1. Weight Of The World - Evanescence
2. More Human Than Human - Rob Zombie
3. The Fire - Rev Theory
4. Axe Wound - Butcher Babies
5. I Came, I Saw, I Conquered - Woe, Is Me
6. Hollow Bodies - Blessthefall
7. Those Who Slay Together, Stay Together - Chiodos
8. In The Middle Of The Night - Within Temptation
9. Screams Of The Undead - Demon Hunter
10. Kidnap The Sandy Claws - KoRn
11. Forgiveness Is A Six Gun - DevilDriver
12. Warriors - Raunchy
13. In Waves - Trivium
14. The Death Of Me - Asking Alexandria
15. Hard To See - Five Finger Death Punch
16. Screaming Bloody Murder - Sum 41
17. Holy Diver - Killswitch Engage
18. Blood On My Name - The Brothers Bright

This wasn't a hard list to put together, since most of the songs fit either the characters, the scenario, or the mood of the story. Yes, even "Kidnap The Sandy Claws" can fit my post-apocalyptic survival horror adventure when you take it out of context. Think about it.



In the end, I decided to share one of my all time favorite songs, Blood On My Name by The Brothers Bright (not the Wright Brothers as so many people have confused them with). Regular readers will know this is a bit of a change from my usual song choice (you'll notice the lack of screaming and thunderous drums in this tune), but the song is just too beautiful for me to pass by. The lyrics are as dark and haunting as the melody, and while I wouldn't call it perfect material for writing an action scene, I can definitely get into the mood to write something intense.

So this is my brief update on Path of the Horseman. It's been a while since I've written a brand new idea from scratch, and I couldn't be happier with the way things are turning out. I can't wait to keep going.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment