Thursday 22 May 2014

Lacrymosa

Work has been making it a little difficult to come up with larger posts, but I'll try to get on that soon. While I'm literally running around all day, my mind can wander to a couple different songs. It helps pass the time and helps me think about stories. Here's what's been on my mental playlist lately:

1. Candy Kiss - The Creepshow
2. Dead To Me - Spineshank
3. The Human Stain - Kamelot
4. Fate - Mnemic
5. A.D.D. (American Dream Denial) - System Of A Down
6. Never Surrender (I AM X Rework) - Combichrist
7. Electric Pulse - Static-X
8. Knights Of Cydonia - Muse
9. Beholder Of Justice - Hatebreed
10. Morning Waits - As I Lay Dying
11. Out Here All Night - Damone
12. Demons - Avenged Sevenfold
13. Lacrymosa - Evanescence
14. Alienized - Volbeat
15. Parasite - Disturbed
16. Resolution - Emigrate
17. Buddha For Mary - 30 Seconds To Mars
18. The Shape - Slipknot


I know the song Lacrymosa by Evanescence was inspired by the famous Mozart requiem, but when I hear it, I think about the lyrics. Someone who is willing to take all the guilt and pain for someone else, until they can't do it anymore. This is a song about trying to save someone before you realize they can't be saved. I love the dark melody of the song and find that it works best when I'm writing a dramatic scene where there's an argument leading up to a fight. I actually used this song during the final confrontation in Cold Trail, and had to put it on repeat a couple times to keep my head in the scene. When something works, it definitely works.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment