Sunday 2 February 2014

Mechanized Masterpieces

I love steampunk. I love the fashion, I love the propriety, I love the machines, I love the robots, I love the gears, I love the inventions. I love steampunk.

Air ships and space cowboys... Yes please!
 So it should come as no surprise that when I saw the steampunk anthology, Mechanized Masterpieces, I kinda went a little nuts. The concept of this anthology, put together by Penny Freeman, has talented authors write shorts about classic stories. I'm on the third story, but already I've come across a new version of Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility. Of the two, the Sense and Sensibility short by Annika Arrington is my favorite. Pirates and cyborgs. How can you possibly go wrong with that? Especially when Margaret Dashwood is the main badass?

And look at how pretty the cover is!
I've got five more shorts in the anthology and am looking forward to all of them. If steampunk even slightly interests you, then this is the book you need to pick up yesterday. So far, the mythology has been great, the authors extremely inventive and the inventions mind-blowingly cool. And really, what more can you ask from steampunk?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment