Sunday 2 February 2014

Hollow Hill Chapters 4 and 5

These chapters are a little longer than the previous ones, but that doesn't mean the action has slowed any. In these chapters, Derek has a minor mental collapse and struggles to control his temper as his past resurfaces. He endures a vivid dream, and learns a bit more about Selena. Finally, Derek and Liam are called to take care of a hostage situation, only to face an enemy that they might not be a match for...

- - -


- - -

That seems like a lot to go through in just two chapters, but believe me when I say that I almost got carpal tunnel from writing them. Derek losing control wasn't a hard situation to create– he is descended from Ares, after all. The dream sequence was actually the first scene I ever wrote. I had been going through ideas and images (view this post to see what inspired me), and all of a sudden I put together this wild dream sequence. It's definitely one of my favorite sequences.

Derek training with Selena was an easy write, too. Her back story was easy to come up with. I also added more mythology to the very different ways Derek and Selena were raised. The morning back and forth between Derek and Liam was one of those scenes that came to mind at a random point and made me smile (thank you Jerrad for drinking protein shakes and commenting on their gross taste!).

And finally, the fight scene... Let's just say I was listening to a lot of heavy metal and feeling particularly evil that day.

These chapters have some of my favorite scenes in Hollow Hill in them, and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. :)

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment