Monday 6 January 2014

Weekly Recap and Wait And Bleed

I spent most of last week getting back into my swing of things, unpacking, working, trying not to feel sick (no success there on a day of -20C, let me tell you), errands, and bills. Not the funnest week ever. Having said that, I got the following done:

• Continue rough draft of the Cursed sequel, Dark Divinity
• Think more about what I want to do with the Areios Brothers series

• Finalize storyline for Agents of Limbo (I got about half way)
• Find more publishers and agents to submit my novels to
• Work on my short story Needfire and prep it for (possible) ebook publication

I didn't get everything (barely even thought about Needfire) but it was still a decent amount. I sent Hollow Hill out to dozens of agents and now I'm just playing the waiting game. I was doing more work on Agents of Limbo at my part time job (shh!) because there was very, very little for me to do there. Honestly.

This week, my goals are almost the same as last week:

• Continue rough draft of the Cursed sequel, Dark Divinity
• Think more about what I want to do with the Areios Brothers series
• Finalize storyline for Agents of Limbo
• Work on my short story Needfire and prep it for (possible) ebook publication

To help me out, here are some of the tunes I've been listening to. Also, I know its been ages since I posted a playlist. That's why this one is so good!

1. Afterbirth - From First To Last
2. End Of Days - Bullet For My Valentine
3. Lost & Damned - Kamelot
4. Make Amends - Cancer Bats
5. Remanufacture - Fear Factory
6. We The People - Mudvayne
7. 1st Person - Stone Sour
8. Ace Of Spades - Motorhead
9. City Of Hurt - Raunchy
10. Dying To Leave - Egypt Central
11. The Fight - The Classic Crime
12. In A Dead World - Killswitch Engage
13. Modern Chemistry - Motion City Soundtrack
14. Right Where It Belongs - Nine Inch Nails
15. That Fire - Black Tide
16. Vilify - Device
17. Wait And Bleed - Slipknot
18. Your Stories, My Alibis - Matchbook Romance



I always liked Slipknot's classic, "Wait and Bleed." I don't sing or whistle to myself (I can't sing and I'm sorry to whistlers out there, but you make me very uncomfortable for some reason), but this is a song that can almost make me do so. I just love the chorus, and it's got a great little pace when I need to pick up the speed of a scene I'm writing. Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment