Monday 9 December 2013

Weekly Recap and a New Challenge

Is it ironic that I'm glad that hours are being cut at work so I can get home earlier and do more writing? No? Okay, good.

So believe it or not, I actually got all of this done!

• Continue editing through Hollow Hill

• Begin re-writes and edits of Cursed: Demon's Daughter chapter 3
• Decide/finalize my Agents of Limbo Christmas stories
• Post one Agents of Limbo Christmas story
• Send Hollow Hill and Cursed: Demon's Daughter to publishers and agents


This week's goals are going to be a little bit different:

 • Continue editing through Hollow Hill
• Begin re-writes and edits of Cursed: Demon's Daughter (more has changed since I've been re-reading it)
• Decide/finalize my Agents of Limbo Christmas stories
• Post one Agents of Limbo Christmas story
• Send Hollow Hill and Cursed: Demon's Daughter to publishers and agents
• Submit short stories to any open anthologies

I was thinking about it as I continue to read through Kicking It, and I think it would help in getting my name out there or at least having a little backup when I go to send a query. I can actually tell them, "Yes, I am a published author! I swear!" I've found a couple that I'd like to try, and they will likely be completely new stories. So that means no Constance and Dro, no Derek and Liam, and no Leon and Jace. I know, it's awful. But I have a ton of ideas in the back of my mind that either don't have enough for a whole series, I've given only the barest thought to, or don't want to pursue as heavily. I think I can come up with enough to write some great shorts, and I'll post them on my blog as long as I have the rights to if they get selected, as well as just for the hell of it if they don't.

More info on the anthology projects later in the week! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment