Saturday 7 December 2013

Holiday Kicks

December is a stressful month. The cold temperatures, the heavy snow delaying traffic, endless cooking and baking, arranging get-togethers with family and friends, shopping, lines, complaints, short tempers, screaming children, packed flights, crowds... I could go on, but I won't. You have your own horror stories, I'm sure.

If you're like me, you take the time to sit back with a cup of hot chocolate, slippers and a housecoat, and sit back to read a short story. I'm currently read Kicking It by Rachel Caine, Chloe Neill, and my favorite, Rob Thurman, along with a bunch of other female urban fantasy authors. Granted, the theme doesn't correlate to the holidays much, but it's a fun anthology and I'd recommend it to any urban fantasy fan.

Since I am in the holiday season (more or less since I still don't have my tree up), I thought it would be fun to write some short stories with Leon and Jace from my Agents of Limbo series. I'll be posting one short story a week this month in place of the 500 Word Challenges.

The synopsis:

Even at a charity event, Leon can find a way to get into trouble...

So here's the first week of Leon and Jace's December adventures!

- - -



- - -

While I hope none of you are as abrasive as Leon, I would love to hear stories of how you've donated or helped someone this time of year. Friend, family member, stranger, the dog across the street, anyone would count. I encourage everyone to donate whatever they can to local charities, even if you just do one of those food donations or give away old clothes to the Salvation Army or Value Village. The ads aren't lying when they say every little bit helps.

More short stories coming soon!

Until next week,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment