Monday 16 December 2013

Weekly Recap and Cthulu

What do you do when you're stuck inside from cold weather and mountains of snow? Well, if you're me, you throw on your DevilDriver sweater, put on some heavy metal, and write about snarky badasses and monsters.

I mentioned last week that I was going to be doing a bunch of anthologies for the end of the year. I've finished and submitted one, a short story told from the perspective of the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood, and am currently working on a cosmic horror short. That one's going to be half the length, but it isn't really my style so it will still be a challenge. I'm thinking some kind of combo like this:


 This is what I accomplished last week:

• Continue editing through Hollow Hill
• Begin re-writes and edits of Cursed: Demon's Daughter (more has changed since I've been re-reading it)
• Decide/finalize my Agents of Limbo Christmas stories 
• Post one Agents of Limbo Christmas story
• Send Hollow Hill and Cursed: Demon's Daughter to publishers and agents
• Submit short stories to any open anthologies

And here's what I'm going for this week:

• Continue editing through Hollow Hill

• Post one Agents of Limbo Christmas story
• Send Hollow Hill and Cursed: Demon's Daughter to publishers and agents
• Continue to work on and submit anthologies

Might not be as much as previous posts, but I've still got another five anthologies I want to submit to before the end of the month. Ahh, see, now it seems like more, doesn't it?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment