Tuesday 31 December 2013

Montly Goals: Janurary

With the new year starting, I feel it's the perfect time to get back in my old swing of things. Aside from edits, I haven't done as much work on my own major stories as I wanted to. NaNoWriMo and Hollow Hill morphed into a full blown series, but my primary focuses are on Cursed and Agents of Limbo, the stories I want to be known for. The December short stories have helped bring me back into the mindset of Leon and Jace, and by the end of the month I want to have completely finished my series outline revisions.

I'm currently working on the first draft of the Cursed sequel, Dark Divinity, and am hoping to have the complete storyline finished as well as another two chapters. The plot lines for my steampunk series, Elemental Army, are nearly done, though like Cursed, there are some final details that need to be worked on before I can really get writing.

There are a couple anthologies that I'm going to complete before their February first deadlines, but those aren't very high on my priority list. I'd rather work on the stories that I care about than random shorts I come up with. This means a lot more submissions to agents, editors, and publishers.

My work hours are significantly lessened this month, but that just means more time to do what I really, really love. With all the free time I have, I'm sure I'll get a lot done. I'll be posting more on the blog, since I know I haven't been doing mid-week posts regularly. Be sure to stay tuned!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment