Tuesday 31 December 2013

Hollow Hill Chapters 2 and 3

Chapters 2 and 3 of Hollow Hill are done!

In these chapters, we learn more about the organization that Derek and Liam work for, and that they may not be the most popular people in the office. Also, we're introduced to Selena, a mysterious woman with a very serious problem...

- - -



- - -

When I started writing Hollow Hill, I knew that I wanted the Inquisition to be run like a corporation. I got a lot of inspiration from the Spanish Inquisition, something I find grotesquely fascinating. I had actually wanted to use the concept of a modern Inquisition for a long time, and since my main characters are all witches, it seemed like the perfect setting.

I love Selena. She's a lot of fun to write, especially since I designed her not to look very threatening at all. The more I wrote, the more I wanted her involved. I purposefully made Selena a Titan because if you know your mythology, you know that they're forces to be reckoned with. They are insanely powerful, even minor goddesses like Selene and therefore Selena. A Titan is a lot different from an Olympian (at least in my universe) so I thought it would be a lot of fun to add in different strengths and powers. I think Selena is a great character (I'm totally not biased or anything) and hope you will enjoy reading her in future chapters as much as I enjoy writing her.

Thanks for reading! :)

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment