Monday 25 November 2013

Weekly Recap and Upcoming Fun

Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I've officially done it:

I've completed Hollow Hill, my full length novel for National Novel Writing Month.

How did I celebrate? Well, I did what I always do in situations like that... ate lots of ice cream and went impulse shopping. If you check my profile page on the NaNo site, you can see my current word count. It's more or less accurate, but I say that because I'm currently doing the read-through and editing the first draft. Before the end of the month I intend to have it posted for review somewhere so I can submit it to publishers for December.

I'm really proud of myself for achieving the goal, not only so early but for coming up with a work that I truly enjoyed writing. It was a lot of fun and I never really thought of it as a chore. Some of the best parts were writing the back and forth between Derek and Liam, as well as integrating traditional mythology with my own. I'm really excited to share it with you all. :)

Speaking of sharing, I've been working on ideas for my Agents of Limbo Christmas stories. I've come up with a couple, so depending on how much time I have during the holidays, I might post one short a week. I've been idly working on one whenever I hear a song that reminds me of Leon (so any DevilDriver, Slipknot, or Five Finger Death Punch tune), and the first story I'll try to finish is pretty well writing itself. Maybe if one of them turns out good enough I can submit it to a supernatural Christmas anthology. There has to be one out there. This is the 21st century where everyone is in love with monsters and comics, etc.

So my goals for this week? Simple:

• Finish my edits for Hollow Hill and submit it for review.
• Have Cursed: Demon's Daughter chapter 2 reviewed and edited (no, I haven't forgotten Constance and Dro).
• Finalize my idea(s) for my Agents of Limbo Christmas stories and prepare to work on them.
• Decide on what I want for the cover of Hollow Hill and either find a decent, affordable graphic artist to make it up for me, or make it myself. I used to be in graphic design during college, but my image manipulation skills aren't what I wished they'd be.

Not sure how many of these goals I'll fully complete, but this week I do have 3 full days off, excluding my short shifts and the 3/4hrs I spend writing killing time before work, during my lunch break, and on the long buses to/from work. Since it's still November and I have a lot to do, I don't think I'll be getting back to the 500 Word Challenges quite yet. I'm still debating if I should come up with scenarios for Derek and Liam, or Constance and Dro, or Leon and Jace (who are the current favorites), so if there's someone you want to see more of, leave a note in the comments and let me know!

Just in case you were wondering...

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment