Saturday 30 November 2013

Hollow Hill Prologue and Chapter 1

The prologue and chapter 1 of Hollow Hill is edited and ready!

In the prologue, we're see how Derek saved the world, and what it cost him. The first chapter occurs five years later with Derek still struggling to accept what he's done, and a fight that ends on an ominous note...

- - -



- - -


The first image that came through my mind when I was planning the prologue was this one:


It's a terrifying image of pain and struggle, and that's what Derek's memory is all about when he thinks about what he did on Hollow Hill. I wanted to keep it brief and simple, since anything longer seemed like it was too much.

Even though the first part of chapter one wasn't as dark or action-packed, it was one of the first ones I thought of and one that I loved to write. Building the relationship between Derek and Liam was obviously very important and I thought a bit of lightheartedness was fitting given the dark prologue.

The second part of the chapter took a little more work since I had been lacking descriptions that I didn't know were needed until another read-through. Hopefully I set up enough foreboding tones to get the interest of readers.

Overall, I'm happy with the first couple chapters of Hollow Hill, but I obviously welcome feedback. Since this story hasn't gone to publishing yet, there is room for more work and revisions. I'll be posting more chapters soon since it's finished and just needs a few touch ups.

I hope you enjoyed reading these two chapters as much as I enjoyed writing them. If you have any feedback, please leave it in the comments section below. If you want to see more images that were behind the inspiration for this story, check out my Hollow Hill Pintrest board. Thanks for reading!

Amy

P.S.: If anyone is having trouble accessing the chapters, let me know so I can fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment