Monday 11 November 2013

Weekly Recap and Hollow Songs

I've been kind of all over the map this weekend in between work and my computer deciding it wanted to die. Thankfully I got a new one yesterday that works wonderfully :) Hollow Hill and NaNo is still going great. I love writing the mythology and re-reading Greek mythology, learning things I never knew before. I've completed 8 chapters and 38,390 words as of last word count. While my computer was dying I even took some time to go through some old story notes I had and put them into notebooks so it'll be easier to reference when I get to them later. This week's goal is the same as last week:

• Continue writing chapters for Hollow Hill and NaNo

Whenever I go for walks or listen to a certain song, I focus on the lyrics and tend to fall into the mindset of whatever story I'm working on at the moment. Usually it's a scene that's coming up or a fight I want to happen or something that I want a character to say. It really varies depending on what song it is and what it means to my current line of thought. I've come across a lot of songs to help me focus on Hollow Hill. Some of these are repeats from other playlists I've posed, but these are the best songs when I need to focus on Derek and Liam's adventures:

1. Indestructible - Disturbed
2. Strife - Trivium
3. No Jesus Christ - Seether
4. Shut It Down - Devil You Know
5. ... To Be Loved - Papa Roach
6. The Thing I Hate - Stabbing Westward
7. Undone - Five Finger Death Punch
8. Pleasure In Pain - Chimera
9. Fading Away - Demon Hunter
10. Dead Memories - Slipknot
11. The Maze - Lacuna Coil
12. Crowns Of Creation - DevilDriver
13. Empty Inside - All That Remains
14. The Aftermath - Escape The Fate
15. Hollow - Submersed
16. Shogun - Trivium
17. In Ashes They Shall Reap - Hatebreed
18. Down Through The Ages - All That Remains


Bit of a slower song, but it really describes Derek's internal conflict, how he can't seem to let go of his past and how he isn't sure that he can... So that's the updates for the week! I really do wish I had more time to update the blog, but as soon as November ends I'll be getting back to more frequent posts and will be working on putting Hollow Hill on the blog.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment