Saturday 30 November 2013

Montly Goals: December

After working 11 days straight, I can tell you that the holiday season has officially begun. But you already knew that, didn't you? The last few weeks have been a bit chaotic for me, but it should be dying down a little more so I can continue to focus on writing. With Hollow Hill and NaNoWriMo finally completed, I can get back to focusing on other projects like the sequel to Cursed and the Agents of Limbo short stories I plan to post for each week of December. One of the shorts is finished and just needs a review, and I tested out the opening chapter for Cursed 2. It went really well, and I don't think I took a traditional route for the first chapter, which I think is a good thing. I still have to refine the storyline, but I have a long, long way to go before Cursed 2 can be officially crossed off my list.

There will be a break in the writing when it gets closer to Christmas because I'll be spending time getting filled with turkey with my family, but since I need to fly out there I'll have some time to do a bit of writing. You can expect four short stories from the Agents of Limbo series, all of which will take place after the Halloween short. Not really a relevant piece of information, but some people like to know that kind of stuff.

I'm still looking for a graphic artist for the covers of Cursed: Demon's Daughter and Hollow Hill, but time will tell how it goes. I'm going to be posting the rest of Hollow Hill onto Authonomy and some other publishing companies to see if it has potential. Don't worry- I'm more than ready for rejection. Regardless, I'll hopefully have a self-published copy up by the beginning of the new year. Which I suppose means that Derek and Liam will be continuing their adventures, which I guess means I have to figure out what the hell those adventures are going to be... Eek!

But that's all in the future. This month it's four short stories with Leon and Jace, then editing, reviewing, revising, and submitting Cursed and Hollow Hill. And no, I don't think I've dumped too much on my shoulders. *sarcastic cough*

There will be another post on Monday to narrow down more of my progress, but I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday, so I have a lot of time to get a lot of stuff done. In the mean time, I hope everyone has enjoyed their Thanksgiving and survived the horrors of Black Friday (personally, I'm a Cyber Monday girl. When you shop online there's a smaller chance that someone will punch you and try to steal whatever you're trying to buy).

Have a great weekend everybody!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment