Saturday, 31 August 2013

Monthly Goals: September

So with August now at an end and summer with it (officially, they say), I've made up my list of things I want to accomplish for the month of September.

Since I'm currently working on three different things, here's the standings...

Agents of Limbo

· Finish editing AOL 2, which shouldn't be too hard, though I will have to send it out for more edits afterwards.
· Finish first draft of AOL 3, which should also not be a problem. I'm flying through it like nobody's business. ;)
· Define further plot outlines... I like to plan things way in advance, so yes, I do know how the AOL series will end. Having said that, I've got a long way to go in getting there, but at least I'm looking forward to it. :)

Elemental Army (aka Steampunk series)

· Finish half/all first draft of EA 1. I was on a bit of a steampunk craze a couple weeks ago and just sat down and started writing. I don't really know what I was expecting to accomplish, only that I got down the first draft of the prologue and first chapter, and I'm really happy with them.
· Come up with subtitle names... I might have agreed on the series name, but each book needs a title, right?
· Decide on the final plan for the series. I know what I want to do, but I need to sort it out because there's a lot of potential things that can and might happen, but I don't want it to drag out longer than necessary. Maybe.

Other

· Send a submission to a publisher. This will likely be AOL 1 since that's the major series I have going and I want to back it up, but I might also try and send in EA 1 just for the heck of it.
· Start a series to post on the blog... I don't want to be a writer who's all talk and no proof, so once I settle on which series I want to post, I'm going to break it up and do (hopefully) weekly posts of an entire series or selection of shorts. The first post might not be for a few weeks until I make up my mind on which series, but I'll keep you posted as soon as I can.
· Continue to vamp up the blog. I'm knew to it all and a little clueless as to how to add HTML code and get social media buttons for my Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram. I know- I'm awful at social media stuff :S Any advice would be awesome and much appreciated!

Wow, okay, this turned out to be a lot more goals than I intended, but with a long weekend coming up I should at least get some of them done. As always, I'll post playlists and keep you posted on what's coming up. Until then, ciao!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment