Thursday 11 February 2016

Progress Report

While I don't have very much to report in terms of completion, I do have some general updates on projects I'm working on now, as well as upcoming projects.

I spent a lot of time over the last couple weeks finding good sites for promotion and reviews, so hopefully I'll see some return on that soon. I was also contacted by author Nicky Peacock, who wrote a short story in Lost in the Witching Hour, and was featured on my blog for a review of her novel Bad Blood. Nicky had impeccable timing, and I'm happy to announce that I'll be doing both a review and an interview for her again in the next couple weeks to feature the sequel to her novel, Bad Timing, and that she'll be doing the same for me for Crimson Sky.

I'm part of a writing group and managed to finish my prompt for our next meeting. It needs a little tweaking, but because our next meet will likely be postponed because of the upcoming holiday, I'm not too concerned about it right now. I was grateful for the prompt, because I revolved it around my Areios Brothers series, which was a huge help for me. I think I finally have a clear direction to go in, and everyone has a purpose/clear motivation, something that was missing in the last two re-writes. Am I looking forward to re-writing/tweaking three more books again? Not really. But it's a good thing I love my characters and am completely familiar with their world.

Speaking of familiarity and world-building, I'll be spending a little more time working on the new world for another upcoming series, Agents of Limbo. I need something to write when I'm not at my computer, so I figure re-planning their new world will be nice to keep ideas churning in my head.

That being said, my priorities are still formatting Damnation's Door, which will hopefully be done in March when I get the cover art in. When that happens, I'll be able to send out review requests. I'm also hoping the edits for Storm Born come back soon. I'm still nervous about that one, but I need someone else's perspective on it or I'll lose my mind. There are still Beta edits for Midnight Sky to be done, but I have a couple months before those become my top priority, and with a little luck, I'll be dome before then.

Other than that, I'm still working on promoting Crimson Sky, which has two giveaways going on right now at One Book Two and Goodreads. Remember that if you buy a Kindle copy of Crimson Sky, or any of my books for that matter, you can go to Authorgraph and request for it to be signed!

Enter one of two current contests to win a signed copy of CRIMSON SKY, plus other swag! 
Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment