Thursday 6 August 2015

Progress Report

Yesterday I was able to cross off a major project on my list. That's right, the rough draft of Obsidian Sky, the final novel in my upcoming Dark Sky trilogy, is done!



So does this mean the book is done? Ha! I wish. To be honest, the draft is a bit of a mess. At the end, I kind of scrambled just because I wanted it finished. There were a lot of dragged out scenes and some confusion when it came to technical stuff. Hence the phrase rough draft. That being said, I feel truly accomplished that this series is nearing completion. In the next few weeks, I'm going to be reading over and editing Obsidian Sky at a base level, then moving on to connecting the series as a whole. I'm still aiming for a February 2016 release date for the first novel, Crimson Sky, and will be hunting for both an editor and a Beta reader in the near future. If you're a fan of horror/steampunk/vampires/all of the above and are interested in Beta reading for me, please send me an email at amybraunauthor (at) gmail (dot) com. 

Speaking of editing, I'm going to try to get the second Cursed novel, Dark Divinity, to my editor soon. This week, if I can. A lot of people have been asking about the sequel to Demon's Daughter (and all of you rock!), and it is still scheduled for an early December release. Over the next month or so (I hope), expect to see everything from the synopsis to the cover art to the first chapter, which will be on my press release page. I'm super excited about the sequel, and hope readers enjoy it as much as they did Demon's Daughter. And of course there will be giveaways, just like I'm still giving away a signed copy of Demon's Daughter to one lucky winner! Read the contest rules here, and remember that the deadline is this coming Monday August 10!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25673745-demon-s-daughter

With all this going on, you might assume that I'm not working on another, new project... You assume very wrong, my friend. While you're reading this blog post, I'm currently working on revamping and rewriting a series very close to my heart– the Areios Brothers. Since I'm still working out the kinks, think of it like the TV show Supernatural mixed with Percy Jackson. Two brothers descended from Greek gods fighting monsters for a living. I've written some novels (completed the rough drafts), and while I'm very happy with what I wrote, I wanted to give the series more. I want it to be diverse and memorable because I know that if I do it right, there will be lots of excited readers. To have a taste of what's to come in the Areios Brothers series, check out my very, very old 500 Word Challenge posts. Skip the news (it doesn't really apply anymore), and just enjoy a fast, free read!

And that's what's going on, and coming up! I'm super excited for all of it, and can't wait to share the end results with everyone. Until next time!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment