Monday 29 June 2015

Weekly Recap

Definitely a week to be proud of in terms of writing and self-promotion. Last week I was featured on a fellow author's blog for a guest post where I talked about what I've learned so far this year as an independent writer. I also had the covers for both Path of the Horseman and Demon's Daughter featured on The Bookish Crypt's Instagram page, and am expecting reviews for both books soon. I also received a spectacular review for Demon's Daughter, which left me feeling like an evil doctor. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the little ego boost that came with that.

http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Daughter-Cursed-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00Z8BVBZO http://www.amazon.com/Path-Horseman-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00V8YXK6I


Anyway, I only had two goals (though they were for larger projects) and was happy to complete them both:

• Edit Blood Moon 14
• Continue Smoke Sky

This week will be a little more challenging as I make preparations to move to the final novel in the Dark Sky series. Here's what I'm going to do:

• Complete Smoke Sky
Edit Smoke Sky
• Create and finalize Dark Sky map for reference 

Smoke Sky is coming along quite well. I have about three chapters to complete, but editing will be a challenge. I have a lot of research to do, and having left it for so long means I need to go back and make sure everything I'm writing now connects to what I wrote a few months ago. But I've got some great stuff, and I'm really excited to see how the end turns out. As for the map, I  legitimately mean I'm going to draw a map of the Dark Sky setting. As I was explaining to my boyfriend last night, if I'm creating a new world or a new universe, I have to draw a map to give myself a sense of direction, and to make sure I know where the hell everything is. You would be amazed at the amount of creativity this can bring, too.

So that's what's going on! I'm not sure how much more news will be on the way come Thursday, but hopefully I will have something to share. Until then, enjoy your week! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment