Monday 15 June 2015

Weekly Recap

Definitely been a good week. Not only did I complete my entire list of projects, my newest novel has now been fully released on virtually all platforms. More details on that and the buy links, but first things first:

• Press kit for Cursed: Demon's Daughter and Path of the Horseman
• Continue Smoke Sky
• Continue short story submissions

I've gotten a little writers block for the Smoke Sky novella (need to familiarize myself with the world a little more and maybe add to my map (yes, I legitimately have a sketched map of the city setting), so here's what I'll be doing this week instead:

• Continue short story submissions
• Finish promo work and review requests for Demon's Daughter and Path of the Horseman
• Write and edit Blood Moon 14
• Continue Smoke Sky

Lots to get done, but I think I can get to at least half of it. I'm feeling pretty good about my current Work In Progress, so I should be able to finish and send that one out sometime today. The ending is being a little troublesome, so I might have to do some reworking. I have some ideas for the other short stories I'm going to try, and links will be on my Twitter and blog as soon as I have them.

Now, in case you haven't heard, there are electronic versions of my newest book, Demon's Daughter, the first in my new trilogy, Cursed.


Wanted by law enforcements. Chased by drug cartels. Hunted by demons... 
 
Constance Ramirez has more than her share of problems when it comes to protecting her adopted sister, Andromeda. Especially since Andromeda isn’t fully human, and her strange powers are dangerous and out of control. 
 
But Constance will do anything to keep her safe, which won’t be easy with bounty hunters hired by the drug cartel she betrayed looking to capture her, and savage monsters seeking to take Andromeda for their own dark purposes. Being a big sister has never been so hard... Or so deadly.

Purchase on:
  

You can also find info on the book here:
 

As with Path of the Horseman, I'm a little nervous about this release. I know I've written a really good book and poured my heart and soul into it, but this is the first series I've ever published. Still, I'm facing the challenge head-on and have heard great things about the sequel, Dark Divinity, which will be released in December.

Since I'm still learning about what I need and should be doing as a self-published author, I finally put together media kits/press releases. If you wish to know more about my novels, you can check out this page, where you can read a little bit more about the stories and how I came up with them. You can also read the first chapter for free! I think this is a great addition to my site and will hopefully generate a little more interest in my work.

In addition to getting a little more readership and profit my way, I've been contacting reading blogs and review sites that might be interested in posting about Demon's Daughter and Path of the Horseman. I've also been asked to do a guest post on a fellow author's blog, sent some copies to a book blogger, and had a reviewer seek me out to read the books. I'm hoping the feedback will be positive so I can brag about it. Because let's be honest, that is exactly what I would do.

All in all, things are going well in this writer's life. At this point, I feel like I'm overwhelming myself a little, especially since I have so much I want to get done, but I'll take it easy and work through one project at a time. It is technically my day off and I do want to relax. Well, relax as I know how.

Hope everyone has a great week! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment