Thursday 11 June 2015

Progress Report

While I've done a fair amount of writing this week, writing and submitting a short story to an open submission and continuing to work on the second Dark Sky novella, Smoke Sky, I've been concentrating on making press releases and media kits. This is new territory for me, since I don't have a lot of professional writing experience to boast. I'm in writing groups, have been published on other writer/review blogs, and won an Editor's Award for my short story Dark Intentions And Blood in AMOK! but I didn't go to school for writing and don't have any jobs boasting writing work experience. Though my bio is a little skinny, I think the rest of the release is pretty strong. For a beginner anyway.

I've created a press release page on my blog where media kits, press releases, and sample chapters can be found for both Demon's Daughter and Path of the Horseman. I already have a reviewer waiting to review both novels, and am waiting to hear back about a guest post on a horror author's blog, but I'll also be sending out requests for reviews on various urban fantasy blogs and websites over the rest of the week. Granted, I should have done this earlier on, but learning process, right?

Anyway, Demon's Daughter will be available in ebook format within the next week. I'll post links on the novel page as soon as I have them. When Demon's Daughter is fully released, I'll come up with a couple giveaways for both novels, so stay tuned!


So while I might not be getting the daily word counts I want, I have been staying productive and learning. I've been coming up with some good ideas for short story submissions I want to try my hand at, and should be knocking a couple of those off before their deadlines. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy your week and have some good times in the sun!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment