Monday 11 May 2015

Weekly Recap

Surprise, surprise, I took on more than I could handle with my goals for last week. Oh well, I'm happy to have crossed off some major projects from my list:

• Continue Midnight Sky edits
Cursed: Demon's Daughter final formatting and book proof request
• Begin promos for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Continue first draft and edit through Amber Sky, the first Dark Sky novella (editing not yet started)
• Begin short story submissions
• Begin Smoke Sky, the second Dark Sky novella
Avast, Ye Airships! contest start

 More or less the same goals this week, though in more manageable amounts... I hope:

• Begin promos for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Complete first draft and edit through Amber Sky, the first Dark Sky novella
• Begin short story submissions
• Begin Smoke Sky, the second Dark Sky novella

I just ordered a proof of Cursed: Demon's Daughter and am expecting it by the end of the month. If all goes well, its release should occur in the middle of the June. I'll be using BookBaby again for e-publishing, but can only afford to use Createspace for the paperback. That being said, look at the sexy cover below and tell me you don't want that in your hands?



I've also seen some of the final edits and cover image for Survivalism, my short story that will be featured in The Dead Walk 2 from Fof Publishing. The story is about a delusional, obsessive man who was locked away in a psych ward for going overboard with preparations for a zombie apocalypse. Irony rears its ugly head and he escapes when the dead rise, but can he survive, still trapped in his straightjacket? It's a really fun story and you can read a snippet here.

Also ongoing is my contest to win a paperback of the Avast, Ye Airships! anthology, which features my short story Lost Sky. All that you need to do is leave a comment about your favorite steampunk element here. Winners are picked at random, but there will be bonus points for anyone who has something nice to say about Path of the Horseman (which also has a really cool paperback cover on the way!). The contest runs until May 28, so get your entries in if you want to read some fun stories about sky-pirates!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TYO6ZCA http://www.amazon.com/Path-Horseman-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00V8YXK6I


So that's what's going on with me! It'll be a busy week for sure, but I'm looking forward to getting as much done as I can over the next few days before the Real Job sucks me back into its merciless clutches. Hope everyone has a great week!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment