Sunday 31 May 2015

Monthly Goals: June

May is over? It's June already? Wow, where did the time go? A lot happened in May. I received another acceptance letter for my short story Hell To Pay, which will be featured in a Sleepy Hollow anthology. Really excited to share this one!

Path of the Horseman is still making waves, getting stellar reviews on blogs such as So, I Read This Book Today and the Rejected Reviewer, as well as on Goodreads. I'm still waiting for the latest proof to come back, and if all goes according to plan, I might even release the paperback earlier than the July release I was intending on.

http://www.amazon.com/Path-Horseman-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00V8YXK6I

One thing's for sure, I will have a book coming out in June. That book is none other than Cursed: Demon's Daughter.


Since I've been boasting about this book for a while, and am super excited to have it finally released to the world, I'll toss out the synopsis for you to ponder over...

Wanted by law enforcements. Chased by drug cartels. Hunted by demons...

Constance Ramirez has more than her share of problems when it comes to protecting her adopted sister, Andromeda. Especially since Andromeda isn’t fully human, and her strange powers are dangerous and out of control.

But Constance will do anything to keep her safe, which won’t be easy with bounty hunters hired by the drug cartel she betrayed looking to capture her, and savage monsters seeking to take Andromeda for their own dark purposes.

Being a big sister has never been so hard... Or so deadly.

Excited yet? I know I am! I plan on approving the final proof via Createspace and sending the ebook version to BookBaby on Tuesday. This essentially means that the book won't be available for a couple weeks in some places, but it will be available in June. This also means that I'm going to have another giveaway set in place, so stay tuned for more details!

As far as current writing projects, I'm finishing up my entry for the Michael J. Sullivan writing contest. My entry goes back to a series I've been reworking– the Areios Brothers– and despite a couple initial setbacks, this is turning out to be what I think is a strong story. Hopefully, when the time comes, Mr. Sullivan will think the same!

There are some short story submission calls I want to complete, but I'm more eager to get back to the Dark Sky series. I still have one prequel novella to edit, another to write, and the third full length novel to complete. It's been a while since I took on a major project, and I want to get back into the groove a couple times before November rolls around. That's a long way away, I know, but I want to be a full length novel writer rather than a short story author. But how am I going to get a fanbase going without getting my work out there in bits and pieces? I think it's a fair trade, and it's been doing wonders for me so far.

June will be beyond stressful in terms of the Real Job, which means that all these goals will be hard to accomplish. But writing brings me peace like virtually nothing else, so I'll use it to keep my sanity. I hope that everyone else enjoys the beginning of their summer! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment