Monday 20 April 2015

Weekly Recap

So glad that I've completed every one of my goals, and that my writing streak is still going strong. The Real Job week was kind of crazy, especially near the end, but I had my writing to help me through:

• Finish open submission calls for end of April
• Edit Project Immortality
• Look over second round of edits for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Email cover artist for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Work on open submissions for May
• Reach 25K

This week will fall mostly into the realm of editing, but I have a couple other goals I'd like to accomplish:

• Finish open submission calls for mid May
• Finish edit and formatting for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Email cover artist with specs for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Write/edit Blood Moon 12
• Work on world building for Dark Sky and go through edits

I'm nearly done my current short story as well as the proofing for Cursed: Demon's Daughter, so my next challenge will be figuring out the proper CreateSpace formatting (it's much harder than it should be), and getting the design specs into the cover designers I've chosen. If I'm lucky, I'll be seeing the cover in early May.

Since a lot of the submissions I've been doing recently involve steampunk, I'll be taking another look at my Dark Sky series. I'm not going to do monstrous edits, but I do feel the world needs a little more punch and some details should be edited. Hopefully in the next few months, I'll be able to take on another large project– the third installment in the trilogy, currently named Obsidian Sky.

As per usual, I've got big plans. I have three days off this week, including today, so as long as I focus and use my time accordingly, I'm sure I'll get a lot of work done. Who needs sleep, anyway?

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment