Monday 13 April 2015

Weekly Recap

Last week was a little tricky for me to get in as much work as I usually do, thanks to Easter and birthdays and dates and work, but I did get my goal accomplished for the week:

• Continue open submission calls (at least 2/3)

I don't think I'll have the same issue this week, since yesterday I made it my goal to get to 25K. Here's what I'm hoping to do:

• Finish open submission calls for end of April
• Edit Project Immortality
• Look over second round of edits for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Email cover artist for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Work on open submissions for May
• Reach 25K

So yeah, got a lot to keep me busy this week. The open submission calls I have are relatively small as far as word counts, and the ideas I have should be easy and fast for me to write. I've put Bond, aka Project Immortality, off for a while now, and I want to get it over and done with so I can send it to April Moon Books and have it looked over.

Also, some of you may notice that Cursed is back on the list. I got the second round of edits back this morning, and it sounds like I don't have a lot more work to do. Emailing the cover artist also means that I'm going to be scheduling the release soon. I don't have a specific date right now, but let's say I'm shooting for June, and yes, there will be a paperback edition available. I've worked on and loved this story for so long that I need to have a copy of it in my hands.

I'm keeping this short because looking at my To Do List is getting me excited. Yesterday's word count was great (6,821 words!), and I want today to be even better. I'll post more news on Thursday after I've put in a good chunk of work, so stay tuned!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment