Thursday 16 April 2015

Progress Report

It's amazing what can happen when you have three days off of work. Not only did I hit my 25K word goal, I managed to complete and send in three submissions. I have the day off today as well, so my focus will be less on new words and more on editing. On the docket today:

Editing through my April Moon Books Bond Unknown story, Project Immortality. It's been a while since I've looked at it, and I want to make sure all my details are ironed out. My goal is to have the *final* version ready to sent to the publisher by the end of the month. How many more edits will happen after that... *shudders*

Next up is making Cursed: Demon's Daughter ready for print. I've been trying to read up on that and fiddle around with CreateSpace for the printed books, but it's still a challenge. I want this over and done with as soon as I can so I can get a working cover in progress. Will probably be spending half the day doing that and hoping I won't make too many mistakes.

Next up, I'll be continuing to work on my last open submission for a while, which is a steampunk adventure with thieves, assassins, and robots. It's been a lot of fun to do, and hopefully the publishing company will enjoy it as much as I have.

After that, it'll be time to return to my own projects. Namely, back to work on the Dark Sky novels. Two of them are more or less done their initial drafts, though I am going to go through them and add a little more to the world. I'll also have to throw in some time to work on the next Blood Moon installment, and by the time that's done, it will probably be May. Times certainly flies!

In other news, Path of the Horseman (which by the way is on sale now *wink wink nudge nudge*) has it's first four star review! Very excited about this and hoping for more to come. I've also updated the Amazon description for Needfire, which will hopefully get me to sell a few more copies of it. I'll try to do the same thing with Path of the Horseman, though I'll have to do it through BookBaby as the set up is different from Amazon. Still, they've been very good about getting back to me and helping me through, so hopefully I'll be able to get more sales for my new novel soon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV4UYBS http://www.amazon.com/Path-Horseman-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00V8YXK6I

Wow, thinking about my self-published novel and novella have definitely given me the inspiration I need to keep writing. It will be super cool to add more projects to this list of mine and watch them get crossed off one at a time. I feel like there will be a lot of updates coming, so stay tuned for them!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment