Thursday 12 March 2015

Progress Report

Looks like more has been going on than I thought! First, the big news: I've sent Path of the Horseman into a publisher. Kind of. I've chosen to go with BookBaby, a highly reputable self-publishing company that will help sell my novel in ways I've never even dreamed of. Not only will my novel be on the same platforms as Needfire (aka Kindle and Kobo), I get free listings on Goodreads, BookDaily, and Bublish, as well as guaranteed free reviews from sites like Story Cartel and Reader's Favorite. I can have around 60 websites distributing the novel (and none of them are small), get a sales page, keep 100% of my profits, which will be earned weekly.

So, am I making a good choice, or am I making a good choice? Granted, there's still a lot I will have to learn and do by myself once the conversion and final proofing is done, but this could be a huge step. I've heard nothing but praise about this company, which is also an official NaNoWriMo sponsor, so even if I don't break even, I could gain a decent enough following to boost sales for my next book. Also, I've heard this could be a jumping point for authors who are noticed by major publishers/agents. They look for what makes money, after all.

While I still don't have an official release date for the novel, I'm shooting for March 31. Once I hear back and read over the proof, I'll let you know where and when Path of the Horseman will be available. All good things to those who wait.


Not only is Path of the Horseman making progress, I've just heard back from my editor about Cursed: Demon's Daughter. I haven't read them over yet, but I've been told that it's tightly written and clearly my "baby." I would love to have Cursed: Demon's Daughter released soon, so I'll be getting to work on it after I finish up on some of my other projects, which include...

Project Immortality for Bond Unknown is going better than I expected, though I'm anticipating hell for the edits and detailing I'll have to do when the first draft is completed. It's been a bit of a challenge, but I am having fun with it and have around four more chapters until it's done. I'm hoping to cross it off my list by the end of next week so I can work on the open submissions I have due in April.

Looks like I won't be slowing down anytime soon. Not that I'm complaining. After all, if there's one thing that every writer will tell you, the road to success is to write, write, and keep writing. Good thing there's nothing I love more.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment