Thursday 19 February 2015

Progress Report

More progress as projects continued to get crossed off the list! Yesterday, after about ten hours and a total of 12,683 new words, I was able to complete the first draft of the Dark Sky sequel, Midnight Sky! Definitely proud of that one, since I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get it done in that time frame, especially since an entire hour was spent on research and hounding my boyfriend about the dangers of a welder's blowtorch. Amazing what can be done when you write some dramatic action scenes and really get involved with your work.

Now that it's over, I can move on with other projects I have lined up. Next on the list is me entry to Spawn of the Ripper, the next open submission call for April Moon Books. After I complete one or two more open submissions, I'm going to move onto their Bond Unknown novella. I know it might sound like I'm putting the project off, but I want to make sure I'm not distracted and can completely commit myself to it, aka avoid other deadlines in case it takes longer than planned.

I saw the latest cover art for Path of the Horseman this morning, and it looks great. Hopefully I can get the final image soon and share it with everyone. I don't think much more needs to be changed, and while it's been a long time, I can see the effort put in by the aspiring artist.

In other, really, really exciting news, Avast, Ye Airships! co-author Steven R. Southard posted an interview I did for him on his blog. This is amazing on its own. But what turned it from fun to thrilling? Was when Michael J. Sullivan himself posted a comment on the blog supporting my work! I can't even begin to tell you how honored this makes me feel, especially since Sullivan appears to have started much the same way I am, going with self-publishing rather than querying relentlessly. 

The final edits for Cursed: Demon's Daughter should also start within the next little while, so in the mean time I'll focus on smaller projects before returning to larger ones. There's a lot on the way for this writer, and I can't wait to see what will come up next.

Cheers!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Congrats with getting a comment from one of your influences! That's a pretty awesome feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete