Monday 29 December 2014

Weekly Recap

I hope everyone had as excellent a Christmas as I did. It was wonderful to spend time in the mountains with my family and to enjoy the perks that come with the Real Job. I didn't count on getting all my goals done, but here's what I did accomplish.

• Re-write/re-plan Areios Brothers series
• Continue Crimson Sky
• Plan storyline for next Blood Moon installment

While Crimson Sky is now around the halfway point of completion, I have to say that I was most proud of re-planning my Areios Brothers series. I now have more back story and stronger purpose for everyone and while the main plots/major story elements remained basically the same, I'll probably have to rewrite the individual story lines. Not the funnest thing I could do, but I know it's for the best. I love this series and want it to be as great as I can make it. I actually wrote a minor scene a few days ago that's definitely near the top of my most heartbreaking scenes. By the time I finished, I was emotionally exhausted. Yeah. It was one of those.

Last week also saw the release of Bring Back The Hound, my latest short story featured in April Moon Books' Stomping Grounds anthology. I had so much fun writing that short and can't wait to hear what readers think of it.

Now that the year is drawing to a close (2014 went by quick, didn't it?) here are my weekly goals:

• Continue Crimson Sky
• Plan storyline for next Blood Moon installment
• Edit and post Blood Moon 8
• Create a yearly goal list per month

Long time followers of my blog and fellow writers have probably noticed that I have a fairly sporadic mind. I admit that it's not the most ideal line of thinking a writer can have, but my brain just works the way it works. Hopefully I can set a more strict writing schedule and follow it, but who knows what will happen! Life is what it is.

Hope everyone has a fun, safe New Years! See you in 2015!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment