Friday 31 October 2014

Blood Moon: Liar's Trail

Alec is back! And as you might expect, he's in big trouble...

Alec Vermont has been framed for a mass murder by his mortal enemy. To continue on his hunt for revenge, Alec knows he has to run from the Council's trackers. But he doesn't get as far as he would like, and is soon taken prisoner by a pack whose leader whose intentions for Alec are more dangerous than he imagined...

- - -



- - -

I played with a lot of ideas about what Alec's predicament would be in regards to his enemies. I was going to go with revenge, but that just seemed a little too typical. Alec getting betrayed is pretty common fare. He's fighting against a common enemy, but no one will see him as an ally. He's the definition of a loner, which makes him one of my favorite characters to write in the Blood Moon series.

Creating the side effects of the wolfsbane was interesting, though the research was uncomfortable. Who knew that such a harmless looking plant could do so much damage? After seeing what it could do, I'm definitely going to use it in the future stories.

That being said, the next Blood Moon short won't be out until at least December. With NaNo starting tomorrow, I haven't been focusing on the blog series as much as I have my full length novel. I love writing this series, but priorities, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this short story, and that you double-check the werewolves you see tonight. Some of them might not be wearing costumes.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment