Monday 11 August 2014

Weekly Recap

I wouldn't call the following two goals entirely completed– I did work on them but they're far from done. But both are going really, really well and I'm excited to keep going.

• Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door
• Detail, world building, research for NaNo novel

This week's goals are going to be a bit more challenging, but I'm hoping for a slow work week so I can finish them:

• Begin some promos for Needfire
• Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door
• Detail, world building, research for NaNo novel 
• Plot for Blood Moon 7

Today I'm going to spoil myself a little bit by having an early release party, since Needfire is coming out next week. Wow, it's so crazy to say that! I'm still getting used to the idea and thrilled but a little nervous, the way a new actor gets just before they go on stage the first time. I have a list of sites that I'm going to post/upload Needfire to, so I'm going to make sure I can actually get it on all of them.

On this note, I've finally decided that when I complete the Cursed series, I'm going to self-publish it. I've been working on it too long and too hard to wait for a professional agent/publisher's approval. That means the whole series might not be released until next year. I'm going to complete it all then send it to my editor to see if the series as a whole has any gaping plot holes, then go from there. I know, that seems like a weird idea, but I want to make sure everything fits the way it's supposed to.

This also means looking for a professional cover designer. I have someone in mind, the very talented Chris McGrath, but I'll have to make sure that I can actually afford him. Either way, exciting times are ahead! Later this week I'll do a post about Needfire and what you can expect from it as a story. Well, I'm off to enjoy a Tim Hortons breakfast, a round of archery, Guardians of the Galaxy, and a Moxie's dinner.

Have a great Monday!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment