Monday 16 June 2014

Weekly Recap

Last week I really did mean to look into self-publishing info, but I couldn't find the motivation since I haven't received my edits/suggestions from my Needfire editor. I'm hoping that will change this week, but here's what I got done regardless:

• Look at how to self-publish on all the sites I want to sell Needfire and future work
• Work on any edits that are returned to me from publishers/editorsBlood Moon 4 write, edit, post, and send for review (planned out but not yet started)
• Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door

This week is more of the same, but hopefully I can get most of it crossed off the list:

• Look at how to self-publish on all the sites I want to sell Needfire and future work
Needfire edits (if they come back)
Blood Moon 4 write, edit, post, and send for review
• Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door


I was super happy to get my first batch of edits back for Call From The Grave, my short story coming out from Mocha Memoir Press in just 15 days! Not sure if more will need to be done, but it wasn't hard for me to go through what was suggested. There were no major changes, nothing I mourned. I know what you might be thinking: a writer, excited about editing? Normally I'm on the same boat as other authors– it's an arduous chore and we all hate doing it– but I just couldn't stop being excited. Getting advice back from a professional editor means that it's seriously happening: I'm going to have my first short story published and out there for the world to read! The feeling won't last forever, but I'm going to enjoy it while I have it.


Cheers!



Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment