Thursday 20 February 2014

First Time On Cloud Nine

So, some big news today... One of my short stories has been accepted to an anthology!

I started writing some short stories for paranormal/urban fantasy anthologies that I found online, and one of them was accepted! The anthology, called "Lost In The Witching Hour" will be published on July 15, featuring my short story called "Charlatan Charade." I won't give anything away, but let's just say that you don't want to be a paranormal investigator in one of my stories. ;)

This is my first ever professional fiction publication, which is why I'm literally smiling ear to ear. I know it's a small anthology for an independent publisher, and I know I have a loooooong hard road to go down before I'm a professional author. I doubt this is my Big Break, but I started writing the anthologies to improve my skills and get my name out there. If nothing else, "Lost In The Witching Hour" and "Charlatan Charade" will do just that.

I really can't explain how insanely happy I am right now. I feel like I've gotten past the first step of my writing career. I can definitely tell this is the path for me, because it's 3hrs later, and I'm still smiling.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment