Saturday 11 January 2014

In The Middle Of The Night, Lift Me Up, Because It's Far From Over

There are a lot of songs that inspire me for Cursed, but these are the strongest candidates.

1. Gateways - Dimmu Borgir
2. In The Middle Of The Night - Within Temptation
3. Scared To Death - Cancer Bats
4. Far From Over - Rev Theory
5. Eye Of The Storm - Killswitch Engage
6. The End - Mutiny Within
7. Trip The Darkness - Lacuna Coil
8. Jessica Kill - Sum 41
9. Scared - Three Days Grace
10. A Shot In The Dark - Within Temptation
11. Lift Me Up - Five Finger Death Punch feat. Rob Halford
12. My Heart Is Broken - Evanescence
13. Today We Are All Demons - Combichrist
14. Talons Out (Teeth Sharpened) - DevilDriver
15. Screaming Bloody Murder - Sum 41
16. Intoxicated - Lacuna Coil
17. Here To Die - Five Finger Death Punch
18. The Truth Beneath The Rose - Within Temptation

It's impossible for me to pick a favorite song from here, because I love them all. Seriously, this blog post would take up a full page if I went on to describe why I love the fast speed of 'Lift Me Up' or 'Talons Out (Teeth Sharpened)', or why I adore the heavy, dark sounds of 'Gateways' and 'The Truth Beneath The Rose.' I can tell you that they all have one thing in common: strength.

All of these songs fit Cursed because they generally revolve around being strong in the face of hardships, not letting anyone get the better of you or those you love just because they may be stronger. Those are staples of Constance's character, and every time I hear one of these songs I immediately get in the mood to write about her kicking some monster's ass.

Again, I don't have a favorite on this list. There are too many. But since I'm wearing one of their shirts today and am writing a scene where the lyrics are increasingly relevant, I'll give you a little Five Finger Death Punch to brighten your day.



Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment