Friday 25 October 2013

Three Minute Challenge

I was browsing around Facebook (P.S.: Like my page!), and since I follow the NaNoWriMo on Facebook, I came across this little prompt:
NaNoWriMo is officially a week away! Today's writing prompt: Your character is about to embark upon a journey. Write the call to adventure that spurs them forward, word sprint-style: three minutes, no stopping, just go!
Since I won't say no to something like that, this is what I came up with: 

- - -

I looked at her and asked the question that was obviously on my mind. "What the hell are you doing on my porch?" The woman raised her eyebrows, surprised at what I'd said. "Not exactly the greeting I was hoping for," she said. "Answer my question."
Liam nudged me in the ribs. I sighed. "Please."
The woman hesitated, then said, "I need you to protect me, because someone is trying to kill me."

- - -

One more week!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment