Thursday 31 October 2013

CURSED: Chapter 1

Chapter 1 of Cursed: Demon's Daughter is officially ready!

In this chapter, we flash-forward to six years after the events of the prequel. Constance and Dro are young women now, but their problems are only just beginning...

- - -


- - -

Like the prequel, this was one of the first scenes I imagined when I was doing my initial planning and writing. I hadn't even known the extremes Dro's power would take, but I knew that it would be way beyond anything Constance could handle. I also knew that I wanted to prove Constance could be a powerful warrior, but still a breakable human. She's tough and badass, but she's not unstoppable.

The relationship between Constance and Dro is a huge part of the series, and I wanted to convey how close they are despite Constance taking control of situations like the one they found themselves in. She has to be in charge because she still doesn't understand just what Dro is. It isn't an easy thing to handle, and Constance has never had an easy life.

With NaNoWriMo starting tomorrow *insert hyperventilation here* I will be posting less updates for Cursed. I probably won't be working on it at all, but I'll do what I can to get the second chapter posted by the end of November.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! I love feedback so please leave a comment below and let me know what you think!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment