Saturday 7 September 2013

Monster Mania

 I love the feeling you get when you have an idea and it just builds and builds in your head until you act on it. I have that feeling so often with random inspiration that I think it's some kind of chronic condition. Not that I'm complaining. Wouldn't be doing all this if I did.

I have this one idea growing in my head that I'm kind of in love with and am building on as inspiration comes. Think of it as a cross between Gladiator, Gamer, and the finale of Cabin in the Woods (this is kind of the original inspiration behind it since Cabin in the Woods has one of the best movie endings EVER). Essentially I have three characters: a gladiator who fights monsters for a living, a hunter who goes out to get said monsters, and possibly a third party who police the world. I won't go into a lot of detail, but I love thinking about this idea and hope I can get to it soon.

Speaking of soon, I'm currently working on a redo of Cursed. I was trying something new with it and I like the new setting, so I'm hoping to post the first chapter within the next few weeks. My project for this weekend, and probably my next day off, Tuesday, is to get a large portion of the redo finished.

So the songs I selected all have a similar monster feel to them, and this list was almost impossible to choose a favorite from...

1. Monster - Skillet
2. Coming Down - Five Finger Death Punch
3. E******** - Rammstein
4. Burning Sermon - DevilDriver
5. Living The Wasted Life - Aesthetic Perfection
6. A Little Piece Of Heaven - Avenged Sevenfold
7. Over And Over - Three Days Grace
8. Meet The Monster - Five Finger Death Punch
9. Lonely Day - System Of A Down
10. Mad World - Gary Jules
11. Detharmonic - Dethklok
12. I Once Was Lost But Now Am Profound - From First To Last
13. Lungs Like Gallows - Senses Fail
14. Cry For Me Sky - DevilDriver
15. Don't Fake This - Chevelle
16. The Last Fight - Bullet For My Valentine
17. Iealaio - System Of A Down
18. Look At What The Bats Dragged In - Wednesday 13



... But I had to go with Meet The Monster by Five Finger Death Punch. Not only are they one of my all time favorite bands (who are AMAZING live), but this song in particular gets me in the mood for a lot of my darker scenes, usually when someone is being pushed to the limit and ready to snap into a fury.

Anyways, that's the news for now. I'm thinking next week when I get my business cards (that's right- I got business cards!) I'll put out a post for Cursed. Stay tuned for more info!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment