Saturday 21 September 2013

CURSED: Prologue

Here it is! Finally, part one of my prologue for Cursed: Demon's Daughter. Whether or not it's a memory, or a nightmare, is up for you to decide...

- - -


- - -

Cursed has been one of my oldest ideas. So old I can honestly say that I don't remember what inspired it. Probably a random scene I envisioned once upon a time or a tiny concept that had a not so little explosion in my head when I thought about it more. Which, knowing me, is the most likely.

One of my favorite concepts is the idea of brothers/sisters in arms, simply because it doesn't necessarily translate to blood. I work at a place called eMedals and we hear stories of what soldiers have done for each other all the time. It really is amazing to hear some of the lengths that people will go to protect those they care about.

Understanding and respecting that made writing Constance and Andromeda's relationship easy, and let's face it- once you add monsters into the mix, the possibilities and complications are endless.

This is still a work in progress, so you won't see another Cursed posting until the end of October. I want to share a quality story, and that takes time and work. But have no fear! I like posting short stories, so I'm going to be starting 500 Word Challenges, where I quite simply post a random story that's 500 words long. No more, no less. They likely won't take place in one of my universes, but they will all have a supernatural/urban fantasy element to them, since I gotta stick with what I know and love.

So, I really hope you enjoyed the prologue for Cursed: Demon's Daughter. I love feedback, so leave your thoughts in the comments! Stay tuned for more short stories and updates!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment