Monday 22 September 2014

Weekly Recap And Lots Of News

Last week was an excellent writing week for me. I accomplished more than I hoped for, opening up a lot of space for new projects. Here's what I got done:
Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door (finished!)
Plan Blood Moon 7 (begun)
Plan NaNo novel

Yes, you read right. Cursed is now completed it's rough drafts. I'll go into more detail about that bit of awesome in a moment, but here's what I want to get done this week:

Complete and edit Blood Moon 7 then post for review
Continue planning NaNo novel
• Restart Areios Brothers 3

After three years of hard work, planning, changing, editing, and writing close to three hundred thousand words for the series, my Cursed trilogy is finally done its rough drafts. The next step is editing through each novel to make sure everything fits together, then finding a cover artist and working with my editor. I'll still post the final chapters over the next couple chapters, but please remember you'll be reading a taste of what's in store, not the final product.

I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am that this series has come so far. I never imagined it would end the way it did, and I'm very proud of myself to see it through completion. There will likely be some blood, sweat and tears in store before it hits the online shelves, but it's a small price to pay after working so hard on it. I'm hoping that Cursed: Demon's Daughter will be available sometime in the spring of 2015 at the latest, but it all depends on how much more work I need to put in it. For now, I'll just bask in its completion. It was a wonderful, epic story to write, and as much as I'm sad to see it ended, I'm looking forward to restarting my Areios Brothers series (I miss Derek and Liam!) and working on my full length novel for November.

And that isn't the only good news that I have. I recently received an email from April Moon Books telling me that they've accepted another short story of mine! The anthology is called Stomping Grounds, and will feature a collection of shorts where giant monsters get to have their heyday. My story is called Bring Back The Hound, and I had as much fun writing it as I did when I wrote my other short for April Moon Books AMOK! anthology, which I'm told will be out near the end of September/early October. I get my own unique title page, which I'm happy to share:

I love it so much!
Pretty cool, huh? My little monster chasing all the helpless humans around? Can't wait for you guys to read this story. I don't know what the other stories are about, though if you like the AMOK Faceook page, you can take a look at more of the interior art and get an idea of what you're in for.

So, I'm clearly in a good mood! These last few weeks have been amazing, and I can't wait for the next challenge! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment