Monday 16 May 2016

Weekly Recap (And MIDNIGHT SKY Synopsis Reveal!)

Busy busy busy! Those were my words of the week. I honestly didn't sleep well at all last week, but I'm hoping that today will be a little more relaxing. I got most of my goals finished last week, though!

• World building, histories, series outline, and plots for the Iron Gargoyle series
• Continue writing the sequel to Storm of the Gods 
• More promotions for Storm Born
• Begin promotions for Damnation's Door/Cursed series and book reviews/spotlights
• Quick edits for Dark Sky novellas, then send to Beta readers
• Continue to work on new website (a slow moving project happening when I decide I have time)

Since I got the edits back for Midnight Sky, I'm going to focus on those for the next couple days so I can get that part over with and move onto the bane of my existence, formatting. This week's goals are:

• Edit Midnight Sky
 Midnight Sky media kit and pre-order setups
• Format Midnight Sky
• World building, histories, series outline, and plots for the Iron Gargoyle series (create a map)
• Continue writing the sequel to Storm of the Gods 
• More promotions for Storm Born

If you swung by my blog yesterday for Weekend Writing Warriors/8Sunday, you might have heard me mention that I'm going to reveal the official synopsis for Midnight Sky, set to be released August 2. Since the cover is on its way (excited squeal) and pre-order links are *hopefully* coming next week, I think now's a suitable time to share the official synopsis of the second Dark Sky novel...

***

There are secrets, there are betrayals, and there are sacrifices… 

The Behemoth has been destroyed, and the bloodthirsty Hellions seem to have left Westraven. But Claire Abernathy’s mind is not at ease. A terrible disease plagues her sister, appearing to have been brought on the Vesper, the leader of the Hellions beyond the tear between worlds– the Breach.

To save Abby and stop the Hellions for good, Claire must find the machine her parents built before the attacks, and fix it before the monsters return. To do so, she needs the help of her crew, and must ignore the secrets and rivalries between her captain and the man she saved.

Because the Hellions are not the only dangers following Claire. Twisted humans and old enemies surface to stop her and destroy all she loves. While she is determined to endure the trials, a single betrayal could shatter the hope of a better world, and force Claire to make a choice that will cost her dearly…


***


What do you think? I can tell you that I'm super excited about Midnight Sky. I had a great time writing it and hope that it will live to the standards I set in Crimson Sky

https://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Sky-Dark-Novel-ebook/dp/B019TQ0CT4

https://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Sky-Dark-Novel-ebook/dp/B019TQ0CT4

I've still got some promos surrounding Storm Born, as well as opportunities for bloggers interested in promoting new books:

Giveaways:


 Sign Ups:


https://www.amazon.com/Storm-Born-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B01CZ21TZU

https://www.amazon.com/Demons-Daughter-Cursed-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00Z8BVBZOhttps://www.amazon.com/Dark-Divinity-Cursed-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B017HMAZ1Mhttps://www.amazon.com/Damnations-Door-Cursed-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B01D0I826Mhttps://www.amazon.com/Crimson-Sky-Dark-Novel-ebook/dp/B019TQ0CT4



***

Now, writing news. While my priorities are shifted to Midnight Sky for the time being, I'm still working on the second Areios Brothers novel. I'm about halfway through, and am hoping to have it done by the end of the month/mid June so I can move onto The Iron Gargoyle. I'm at the point in the story where I need to actually know more about the world and its history, and as much as I want to, I haven't had the time to dedicate to writing out the details I need. Between writing, preparing for two more releases, and the Real Job, I have to prioritize. Sucky, I know, but such is life. Still, I know that if I suck it up and do the work, I'll have more time to dedicate to my novels and the work I really love. Wow, it really must be a Monday.

Stay tuned for more details on upcoming work! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment