Monday 25 January 2016

Weekly Recap (One More Week Until CRIMSON SKY!)

The workload has definitely piled up from last week. While I finished my first draft of Storm of the Gods (which needs about as much work as the rest of the series does... *sighs*), and some of my other, simpler goals, there were a couple things I didn't manage to finish:

• Complete Storm of the Gods
• Format Storm Born and Damnation's Door
• Promote Crimson Sky
• Plan my entry for the Mocha Memoirs Steampunk Horror anthology
• Write and edit the final Blood Moon story (in the middle of writing)

This week will be busy for me in terms of writing. Now that I have the edits for both  Damnation's Door (the third and final Cursed novel) and Midnight Sky (the second Dark Sky novel), I'm going to be swamped with projects:

• Edit Damnation's Door and Midnight Sky
• Format Storm Born and Damnation's Door
• Promote and release Crimson Sky
• Write my entry for the Mocha Memoirs Steampunk Horror anthology
• Complete and edit the final Blood Moon story

While I dread editing, especially when there's this much, I know it's a necessary chore that will seriously improve both stories. At least when these two are done, I'll be able to test formatting with Scrivener. I just prefer to write new words. Oh, well. On the other hand, I'm close to finishing the last Blood Moon short story, and start on my story for the Mocha Memoirs Steampunk Horror anthology. I can confirm that it will be another prequel in the Dark Sky series, so hopefully I'll be able to generate more readers with it. Not that I'm having lots of trouble with that, to be honest. I've been getting a lot of interest in Crimson Sky, which is fantastic, and definitely has me feeling a lot more confident about its release next week!


The real challenge this week will be writing with a slightly injured finger. It's nothing serious, just a random pain that must have come from a sneaky sliver that I didn't feel until a couple days ago, but it's super annoying because for someone who types as fast as I do, not being able to use the tip of a middle finger is a pain, no pun intended. 

So, on Thursday I'll be updating everyone on my editing progress and others news regarding Crimson Sky, which you can still pre-order on Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and Goodreads. Until then, I'm going to get started on alll the edits. 

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment