Thursday 7 January 2016

Blood Moon: Broken Dynasty

I know, I know, it's late again, but being swamped with deadlines at the end of the year and preparing for a while new year of projects kind of messes with the routine. Nonetheless, I got it done! So here you are, the latest chapter in the Blood Moon series! 

The mission to rescue the civilians of Black Hawk, Colorado and eliminate Quentin Troy from his brutal siege, has gone horribly wrong. Separated from his father and his strike team, an exhausted Damon Ironwood must struggle forward to locate them and construct a new plan to defeat the sadistic Alpha.

But Damon isn't the only wolf with a plot to dismantle. Quentin Troy knows exactly how to goad his enemies, and use their weaknesses against them. Damon will soon find himself at an inescapable crossroads, with one path that could lead to his death, and another leading to the death of someone he loves...




I've been thinking about this story for a while. It didn't take a lot of time to plan, though I did have to do a fair bit of planning to make sure I had my setting right. Originally, I was going to go with the plan of Damon staying human throughout the full fight, but after the shocking event at the end, I decided that I couldn't just leave him like that. I wanted him to fight Quentin as a wolf, despite the amount of pain and exhaustion he was enduring.

Another change I made was to the amount of energy Damon had. At first, I wanted him to be at full strength so he could fight head-on with Quentin. I would be lying if I said I didn't want Quentin to take more than a hit or two. But then I was realistic (as much as that term can apply to a story about werewolves), and I knew that with the timeline I used in the previous two stories, I couldn't have Damon running around at full speed. He would be exhausted, hunted, too tired to sleep. So that's what I made him. I know that previous stories have ended with him incapacitated, but he hasn't been this exerted before. It was fun to push Damon this far, and it will be even more fun to see what he does when he goes over the edge.

Speaking of, this is going to be the second last Blood Moon story I'll write. I can't see anywhere for the story to go after the next one, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to wrap it up so I could move onto my larger projects. Four full length books and two novellas will certainly eat up a lot of my time, not to mention the series I want to finish and the next one I want to plan, and as fun as it is to write werewolf fights, I need to focus on what will really help my writing career. 

So next month will be the longer, but final installment of the Blood Moon series. I hope you enjoyed this one, and would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! 

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete